The separation of the English and Tamil work in San Thome dates from 1848, when the Rev. A.R. Symonds, Secretary of the S.P.G., in Madras, purchased for the use of the Tamil congregation the old Wesleyan Chapel, formerly used by Carver. Rev. Symonds appointed a ‘Eurasian’ clergyman to minister in it, followed by Indian clergymen.
Comments are off for this post